Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The return of the storm

Well Altheus returned in all her fury on Wednesday night and by Thurs am I was in the ER. Jack, my brother, was the next of kin in charge of taking care of me initially. I had friends show up and call, Mom, Jay and Jane helped with Brady, Dustin came to the hospital and Matt came home. I had to go back on Friday morning for more shots because it just wouldn't let up. They did a Cat Scan to make sure nothing else was going on. Thank goodness nothing was. I will tell you that God works on you when you are weak. He reveals things to your heart. I had become pretty darn independent. Not always a bad thing, but I guess I had been holding lots in. Remember my comment about "I can't remember the last Time I really cried"??? Well once it started, there has been no stopping it. I know that some of this emotional letting is just getting rid of all the medicine they put in me. But I REALLY didn't want Matt to go back to VA, so we did the next best thing. We cancelled therapy, pulled Brady out of school for 4 days and came back with him. :o) I realized once again how much I love and need him. I hated to miss school and therapy, but I really felt like I had no choice. I have done a lot of praying and relaxing. Yesterday I felt like physicallly I made a big jump forward. I still am sore in lots of places, but my heart is feeling better. I feel so loved because of all of you who called and said you were thinking of me and pryaing for me. Thank you all so much. I love ya....

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh Montie! I am so sorry! Sounds like you have had such a rough time. I will say a special prayer for you and your family.

Marianna Jane said...

I was so sorry to hear about your difficult time. Sounds very painful and I'm sorry you had to go through that. But, there is always a rainbow after a rain storm...your rainbow was spending 4 days with Matt! :) Love and miss you.

Dana said...

Montie, I'm soooo sorry you have to deal with those. I can't imagine how awful they must be. I'm glad you're better this time!

Cindy said...

Montie, I can understand what you are going through. I suffer from migraines as well. I had no idea you were having so much trouble. Thanks to Audrey I found your blog. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Jason sends his hey to Matt. Hopefully, we can keep in better touch. God bless.