Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Choosing a candidate????????

Today I am awake early..as usual, but I new God was calling me to read. I opened my bible to Matthew which is where i start most readings. It took me (after a few verses )to refer to 1 Corinthians. My thoughts are toward the election. I am worried - it seems every time I feel supportive toward a candidate, I am disappointed. These are men (and woman), they are going to disappoint us. I felt relief in knowing that God will choose our next president - everyone is not counting on me to choose correctly. hehe
So here is the verse that spoke to me about our elections:
1 Corinthians 3:20-22
And again the Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise; that they are vain. Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's (I love that "your's" is singular possessive - only his) Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come, all are your's.
I have other thoughts today..serious concerns for people I love. They are still in the private stages. If you find yourself praying today and my name comes to your mind. Please pray for these unspoken things in my heart. Thanks and I hope God shines from your faces today so others can see him.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh, Montie! I'm so glad you found our blog. I'm going to love keeping up with you like this! Thanks so much for commenting and I look forward to catching up with you.